Our group tended to drift from role-to-role depending on what was immediately important/available, but loosely we stuck to these roles;
Planning/Client Consultation/Writer – Yasmin
Coordinator – Damian
Graphics Design/Website Development – Myself
Concept Design/Web Development – Sunny
Personally, I developed the website graphics. This includes logo, headers, product image editing and general look/theme coordination.
Team communication was achieved mainly through emails and social media. Damian was in charge of delivering updates to the three of us via email, whilst myself and Sunny mostly used Facebook.
This is a conversation me and Sunny had regarding the design of the logo. Sunny suggested it looked more like a header image than a logo, which in many ways is true, but we both ended up agreeing that it looked fine on the site.
The only issue that occurred was between Sunny and Yasmin, who outright refused to communicate at all for the most part of the course. Her dislike of Sunny didn’t come out of nowhere, though- as Sunny chose to be absent for at least half of the module, choosing only to get involved when the actual site construction started. Though I originally had prejudices against Sunny for just not cooperating, I found him to be very useful concerning both photoshop and getting around WordPress.
I had general issues communicating through email, as I wasn’t particularly familiar with outlook, and often forgot of found I was unable to reply to any of Damian’s frequent updates.
From the start, me and Yasmin had very similar ideas as to what to do in terms of design for the website, and I found that to be very helpful when finishing the overall look and designing the logo. Damian’s updates were frequent and informative as to what was currently happening/what needs to be done, and Yasmin’s feedback from Gail helped the team polish the website to the client’s specific requests.